Family Law Attorney Representing Divorce Cases in Pinellas Park, FL
Pinellas Park is a part of Pinellas County in Florida, near the cities of West and East Lealman, Kenneth City, Lealman, Bardmoor, and West Lealman.
Covering a total area of 16.2 square miles, Pinellas Park is known in Tampa, Florida, for its annual community events such as the “Country in the Park”, a festival of arts and crafts, musical concerts, NASCAR display, and an assortment of amusement park rides. Other attractions include the water parks and slides at the Bonsai Koi Ponds.
Pinellas Park has an estimated population of 49,686 according to 2012 census data. 52% of its population are females and the median resident age was 42.7 years. 49% were married, 25.4% were never married, and 16% were divorced. The median household income was $42,253 and the average household size had 2.3 people.
Prenuptial Agreements in Pinellas Park
Getting married can be an exciting occasion when all of the future spouses’ attention are on the preparations leading to the ceremony and starting a new life together. Future issues concerning property and finances are often overlooked until relationships turn sour or end up in divorce. If you are engaged to be married, entering into a prenuptial or premarital agreement can help protect properties that you own before the marriage and settle matters without need for lengthy and drawn out litigation.
In Florida, the Uniform Premarital Agreement Act allows future spouses to enter into an agreement which will take effect upon their marriage. The prenuptial agreement must comply with formal requirements of being in writing and signed by both parties. Parties may enter into terms and conditions on:
- Their respective rights and duties to their property
- The acquisition, disposal, and management or control of properties
- Distribution of properties in the occurrence of specific events
- Spousal support
- Other matters that are not contrary to criminal laws or public policy
Problems with Prenuptial Agreements
When one party seeks to enforce the provisions of a prenuptial agreement in court, the agreement may not be upheld if the party against whom it is sought to be enforced proves that:
- The agreement was not executed voluntarily
- There was fraud, duress, or coercion in its execution
- The other party failed to disclose all property and financial obligations
It’s important, therefore, to engage the services of a Pinellas Park family law & divorce lawyer who can guide you in the creation of a comprehensive and enforceable prenuptial agreement.
In Pinellas Park and other neighborhoods in the Pinellas County, Florida, the Law Firm for Family Law founded by Pinellas Park family law attorney Gary Williams has been counseling clients for years, protecting high value assets through comprehensive prenuptial agreements.
We invite your call today at (727) 531-8737 to ask an attorney about your premarital agreement.
DIRECTIONS TO OUR CLEARWATER FAMILY LAW ATTORNEYS FROM Pinellas Park, FL
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Pinellas Park, FL
Total Est. Time: 15 mins
Total Est. Distance: 11.5 mi
- Head west on 78th Ave N toward 49th St N
- Turn right at the 1st cross street onto 49th St N
- Turn left to merge onto US-19 N
- Merge onto US-19 N
- Keep left to stay on US-19 N
- Take the exit toward Sunset Point Dr
- Merge onto Frontage Rd
- Keep right to stay on Frontage Rd
- Turn right onto McCormick Dr
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
2629 McCormick Drive #Suite 101
Clearwater, FL 33759